These award-winning ensembles develop intermediate and advanced flute players of all ages and offers opportunities for performance in YOCVA concerts and community events. The flute choir is made up of intermediate students, and the flute ensemble consists of advanced students.
Please see information below regarding audition requirements. For a printable version, see link below.
Scheduling Note: Placement auditions into the flute choir and flute ensemble will be held separately on June 8th. Musicians are exempt from this second audition if they make it into the Youth Symphony ONLY. Even if you are not trying out for one of our full-symphony orchestras (Evans or Youth Symphony), ALL auditions are processed through the main audition scheduling link (found on the general information page). You will later be emailed a link to reserve a time slot on June 8th
AUDITIONS - THE FLUTE CHOIR AND ENSEMBLE
The Flute Choir (for intermediate to advanced-intermediate flutists): Please note that this is an informal meeting with Mrs. Kelly to see if this ensemble is a good fit for you!
- Prepared piece: One short selection of your choice, no more than two minutes in length, which demonstrates your musicality, tone, and technical skill
- Scales: Choose two major scales up to and including four sharps and flats, two octaves
The Flute Ensemble (for advanced flutists):
- Prepared pieces: Two required excerpts (which can be found below)
- Scales: All major scales up to and including six sharps and flats; three-octave scales where possible
- Sight reading: You will be asked to sight read a short selection.